DMF Youth empowers underserved youth through dance, fitness & life skill development

We believe in educating the whole child

Physical · Mental · Emotional

w

Social

Improved social skills and interpersonal behavior
l

Education

Improved grades and work habits

Behavior

Reduced misconduct and risky behavior

Self-Esteem

Increased self-esteem and confidence

Did you know?

Nearly half of all elementary school children are overweight according to The City of New York.

And the majority of NYC elementary schools fail to offer the required amount of Physical activity.

Did you know?

Nearly half of all elementary school children are overweight according to The City of New York.

And the majority of NYC elementary schools fail to offer the required amount of Physical activity.

Sponsor a Child

Equip underserved children with the tools they need to thrive.

We provide free high quality after-school and summer programming to underserved youth in New York City.

News & Events

Why is Afterschool Essential?

Why is Afterschool Essential?

School is the main priority for most kids. However, according to Jen Rinehart, VP for policy and research at the Afterschool Alliance, kids only spend about 20% of their time in school. So what about the other 80%? With such a relatively small amount of time spent in...

The Power of Gratitude

The Power of Gratitude

Every holiday season we gather with friends, family, delicious foods, and we are reminded to be grateful. But what exactly does it mean to be grateful? Gratitude can be hard to define - is it an emotion, a behavior, a personality trait? Although landing on an exact...

Teaching Empathy

Teaching Empathy

Over the past few weeks, our students have been learning about empathy. In a world where many people are quick to judge, react without thinking, and argue their points without truly listening to their opponents, empathy is needed more than ever. In the schools we...

Pin It on Pinterest